I’ve really been embracing what it means to be grateful. For months now, I’ve been going through each day saying to myself Thank you for…whatever it is I’m feeling grateful for in that moment. It’s a healthy, positive practice that I appreciate so much. It’s my way of letting God, the Universe, and myself know that I’m happy and grateful for every little thing in my life.
Having an Attitude of Gratitude keeps me light and able to flow through life more easily. It’s not an uphill battle, it’s just about going with the flow. Remember, from my last post – it’s about releasing attachment to any specific outcome. It’s the belief that what’s meant for me will never pass me by. It’s knowing that I’m exactly where I’m meant to be. It’s about living in this very moment and being extremely grateful for it. Living my life like this on the daily keeps me centered and at peace – it keeps me calm knowing that everything works out as it’s meant to, when it’s meant to.
I’ve heard on podcasts and read on Instagram from so many different people that the key in life is being grateful. At first, it’s really easy to brush it off and think sure it’s easy for you, look at everything you have to be grateful for. In thinking this though, we discredit ourselves and what we have in our lives to be grateful for. Here’s the thing – if you’re feeling negative and pessimistic, surely those are the things you’ll focus on in your life…therefore you’ll get more of the same. Yep, it’s the Law of Attraction at work. So, work to switch your mindset and focus on ALL the good things in your life.
Let me give you a few good quotes for today. I mean, who doesn’t love a good quote?!
- When you focus on the GOOD, the good gets BETTER.
- Energy flows where attention goes.
- The more you thank life, the more life gives you to be thankful for.
- It’s not happy people who are thankful, it’s thankful people who are happy.
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
- Gratitude is one of the most medicinal emotions we can feel. It elevates our mood and fills us with joy. – Sarah Avant Stover
Be very mindful of what you’re focusing on and what you’re inviting into your life. Your mindset is in your control. You are responsible for yourself, and you can only control yourself – your thoughts, your feelings, your emotions. Keep it positive, keep it light.
It’s been a minute since my last Attitude of Gratitude post, so I’ll take this opportunity to share all that I am currently grateful for. Again, one of my most favorite things to do!
Today and every day I am grateful for:
- My open mind
- My ability to learn
- My willingness to change the way I look at things
- Always choosing to evolve
- Asking what am I to learn from this?
- Yoga + Meditation – The ultimate stress management duo!
- My upcoming trip to Santorini, Greece
- Learning to love myself
- Knowing I am enough as I am
- Being me – I have a helluva lot of good qualities, if I do say so myself. I need some emojis here! Btw, my emoji game is always on-point.
- Where I am in this moment, because it’s exactly where I’m meant to be
- Seeing the good – in life, in moments, in people
- My loving heart
- Being empathetic – I recently learned this is the highest form of emotional intelligence, and well, I am clearly winning at life!
- Being kind – to myself + others
- Having this platform to share so much with you all
- Learning to be vulnerable + actually being vulnerable
- My writing skills
- My wit + sense of humor, eventho it might not always shine through here – promise, I’m amazing! 😉
- My ability to see things for what they are – straight up, no masks
- Asking questions – being inquisitive is how we learn, expand, and grow.
- Connecting with others – This has involved a lot of eating out lately, and I LOVE food, so yay!
- My commitment + determination
- Working out – my body has been so good to me! Thank you × 1 million.
- Reading books
- Coffee – because…hellllooooo!
- My skin that is clearing up – huge, huge thank you! 🙂
- My wavy, straight, curly, auburn-colored hair – LOVE.
- My family + friends
- My happiness jar – I really do love looking back at my year.
- My relationship with God – Jesus is my homeboy! Anyone else remember that t-shirt from Urban Outfitters, I think? Lol!
- Food – ahhhmazing! And I’m alllways hungry.
- Sunshine!! I need MORE of it. Michigan is redonkulous.
- My calm nature
- My peace and happiness – the best!
- Smiling – It makes all the difference in the world, for how I feel and for others.
- Oh, and laughing!! – GIFs are like my new favorite thing!
I have tons more that I am also thankful for – today and every day! And with that, I’ll say…happy, thank you, more please! 😊
No matter your mood, or how you might be feeling, I challenge you to take just a few minutes to write down all that you’re thankful for. Maybe it’s a few things today, maybe a few more tomorrow, maybe a full-page next week, and a couple pages next month. And maybe you also start a happiness jar, or gratefulness jar – whatever you want to call it! Try out this whole attitude of gratitude thing and see how it makes you feel. You just might be surprised!
Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you’ll never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey