I love reading! And I’m excited it’s about to be Fall, so that I can pull on some cozy socks, wrap up in a blanket in bed, and sip some coffee while reading a good book. Doesn’t that sound heavenly?! I’m readyyyyy! Oh, but I forgot the best part – cracking the window open so the crisp fall air can fill the room. Now THAT is the perfect setting! Just waiting on that “crisp fall air” part. Haha, I tell ya!
I used to read LOTS of books – like 4 per month – but I haven’t read as much the last few years. It was intentional though, because I was going through a lot, and I really needed to be present and not bury my head. Since that time, I just haven’t picked up reading again like I did then. But, there are sooo many good books out there that I want to read, so I think it’s time now!
Ah yes…time. I keep telling myself you have time! Because when you feel short on time, it seems like all the fun, enjoyable things get thrown to the wayside first. Right?! How sad though. I know I can squeeze some reading time in here and there – heck, I was able to before, so why not now? So, the question becomes….what book will I read next? Oooh, feeling excited here!!
Here’s what’s on my reading list so far, and I know there are LOTS more books to add. I so love nerding out, lol! Isn’t this fun?
- You Are A Badass At Making Money – Jen Sincero (I’ve read about half!)
- Namaslay: Rock Your Yoga Practice, Tap Into Your Greatness, & Defy Your Limits – Candace Moore
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking – Susan Cain
- Mastering Your Mean Girl – Melissa Ambrosini
- Girl, Wash Your Face – Rachel Hollis
- 365 Days of Optimism – Wendy Jones
- Business Boutique – Christy Wright
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill (I started this at one point, but never finished.)
- The Gifts of Imperfection – Brene Brown (I carried this with me for 3 months and still couldn’t read it.)
- Joy On Demand: The Art of Discovering the Happiness Within – Chade-Meng Tan (Yep, I started reading it at one point.)
- The Law of Attraction – Esther and Jerry Hicks (Again, I read about half.)
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
This is a relatively short list for now, but I’ve just begun building it up, so it’s bound to grow and grow. And at the same time, I have to start reading so I can mark these ones off my list. I started up a “collection” on Instagram for books, so I’m excited to see what I find. The ones I listed here aren’t in any particular order – these are just the ones that have piqued my interest at some point.
Oh, you probably noticed I have a bit of a habit of reading books halfway through. Here’s the thing, though…I tend to stop reading a book when I feel blocked. This should of course be my sign to KEEP READING because there is obviously something I need to learn or know. But, when I feel that way, I pull back. Something I need to work on. As for the Brene Brown one, I knew that it’d require a lot of me emotionally, and for the months I carried it around with me…I just wasn’t in the right headspace, so I never read more than about 8 pages. I knew it’d be a tough read for me then, but now, I feel ready.
Before I go – here are a few books I’ve read and highly recommend:
- Places I Stopped on the Way Home: A Memoir of Chaos and Grace – Meg Fee
- You Are a Badass – Jen Sincero
- Love Warrior – Glennon Doyle
And one last thing…I also love novels, especially for when I need to escape reality for a bit. But I’ll save that list for another post. I tend to stick to my favorite authors, so I need to expand a bit. I’m open to any and all suggestions, y’all.
Here’s to hoping you get all cozy and cuddle up with a good book!