By now, certainly you’ve read about the Happiness Jar I keep each year and how I super love the whole thing. I read about the idea somewhere on social media, and I started back in January 2017. So, I just completed my second year!
The idea is to write a note each night and place it in the jar – I write something I’m grateful and thankful for, along with a quote or two. Or sometimes just encouraging words to myself, or even a song or two. So then, on the last day of the year, or the first day of the New Year, I read through all the notes. I started reading through mine on New Year’s Eve, or well really, it was like 1am – so New Year’s Day it was. I wrapped up in a blanket, sat quietly with a glass of wine and read through as many as I could before my eyes gave out from sleepiness.
I continued reading through my notes a little at a time, when I got a moment, and I ended up finishing up this past weekend. I set aside lots that I want to share with you here. But first, let me just say that as I sat down to read my notes, I kind of prepped myself for it to be difficult because I felt like it’d been a bit of a rough year. And then, to my surprise, as I continued to read, I found that I had an AMAZING year – full of so much healing, self-love, learning to keep a positive mindset, and so much more! You guys, this was SUCH a happy surprise! It made me realize what an incredible year I had, and I am so thankful I kept these notes as a way to remember.
Okay, so now let me share some of my notes with you! Ooh, so exciting!
- She is the perfect example of grace because she is a butterfly with bullet holes in her wings that never regretted learning how to fly. @jmstormquotes
- I didn’t leave because I stopped loving you. I left because the longer I stayed, the less I loved myself.
- One thing I have learned about love is that it can do wonders, even in destruction. @poetryofdhiman
- I will be loved. Self-love first. ♥
- Stuck between I don’t wanna feel that type of hurt again, but I wanna feel that type of love again.
- Just a simple reminder to stay on track, stay focused, and keep pushing forward. No matter what kind of rough spot you’re in mentally or emotionally, it’s all temporary. Throw out the negative thoughts, breathe, and stay positive.
- And then one day it happens. One day you wake-up and you’re in this place. You’re in this place where everything feels right. Your heart is calm. Your soul is lit. Your thoughts are positive. Your vision is clear. You’re at peace, at peace with where you’ve been, at peace with what you’ve been through, and at peace with where you’re headed.
- Rebuild your strength. Regain your balance. Revive your energy. Refresh your mind. Rekindle your soul.
- Still the mind. Calm the heart. Soothe the soul.
- Sometimes thinking too much is a product of not saying enough. Oh, the millions of things I’d love to say, but can never get out.
- Under the anger lies a great amount of fear, under the fear is sadness.
- Believe in yourself and you are already halfway to where you want to be.
- Money is abundant.
- Follow your passions and the money will flow. Create the life you desire!
- But just as it is not my job to convince a man to love me, it cannot be my job to convince a man that he is worthy of the love that I have to offer. @meg_fee
- When you seek out stability for fear of failure, you have already lost. @meg_fee
- Long gone is the allure of the bad boy – our mistaken confusion of unkindness for complexity. A man can be many things, but let him be kind, first. @meg_fee
- When the student is ready, the teacher appears. When the student is really ready, the teacher disappears.
- Francesca- Only you can pick yourself up and create the life you desire. God is with you and will not lead you wrong. Do this, make things different, better for yourself. There is no need to suffer. If you’re reading this and you’re still no further ahead – YOU ARE YOUR OWN PROBLEM.
- Our fantasies are our realities in an excuse-free world. @jensincero
- I once believed that what you said hurt us, but I think I am wrong about that. It is what was not said that I believed destroyed us. The unsaid became the evil who hired assumptions as the hitman to gun down our future. @l.figaro
- I get it, almost everything in this life happens either too late or too soon, too fast or too slow. You end up where you belong, not where you think you belong. There’s a big difference between that.
- My desired life – financial / location INDEPENDENCE. My site! My coffeehouse! Travel this world! Oh wait – write a book! YAY!!
- The Universe if for me AND so is everything else. @adrienelouise
- I am on a ROLL! Happy, happy, joy, joy!
- Money is ABUNDANT and replenishes! Time is finite! Live while you are ALIVE!!
- To me: today, tomorrow, and all the days + months from now – YOU GOT THIS! Manifest it ALL, Girl!! God is w/me – ALL things are possible!
- Release that which no longer serves you!
- Girl, you got this!
- The happiness that follows sadness is never the same that came before it. Everything worthy and good I learned through the lens of an unrelenting, impossible sadness. @MegFee
- Be the LOVE!
- Grateful for my self-love. For my growth. For who I am today. I had a lot of feelings to get out today. What results is I’m ready to leave the past behind me. It’s been holding me back. I’m ready to heal raw parts of me. To let go of those I loved and was so close to. The chapters are over. I cannot continue to look back and still move forward. My future awaits and it is bright. I have loved and loved hard. I’ve been hurt so much. Yet I feel now is the time I take my growth, strength, and lessons, and move on to bigger and brighter. I know God has a larger plan for me and I am doing the work. I am starting.
- The day you decide you’re good enough for you and stop being so hard on yourself, is the day you set yourself free. @thehealthyapple
- Small steps over time add up. Improve daily!
- The pathway to your greatest POTENTIAL is straight through your greatest FEAR. – Craig Groeschel
- I am breathing. That’s all I got.
- Francesca- Let your fear go. You ARE enough. You are capable. Do not doubt yourself. You are courageous. You are BRAVE. You are smart. You got this!!
- Francesca – You are beautiful. You are strong. You are worthy. You are capable. You are loved. Keep going, don’t you dare give up. Not on yourself.
- Let yourself be the person you always secretly wanted to be.
- Beautiful Girl, you can do hard things.
- Doubts, fears, and other people’s rules are no match for a heart on a mission! @JenSincero
- Francesca- You are amazing. You are loving. You are LOVED. You are blessed.
- Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From quiet reflection comes even more effective action.
- flawed. + (still) worthy.
- I don’t want to earn my living; I want to LIVE. -Oscar Wilde
- And suddenly you know: It’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings. – Eckhart Tolle
- Be open to whatever comes next!
Sooo, there you have it!! Omgee – I have SO MANY more though. But, I’ve shared tons already, and you know this became a novel. If you’ve read this far, thank you much! I hope you find some takeaways, and maybe, just maybe, you start your own happiness jar for this year. It’s surely not too late!
Oh, quick side note, I gave credit where I could, but I didn’t always write down the source where I found the quotes I used. My apologies for that!
And last thing – At the end of all my notes, I write the same three things: God is greater than the highs and the lows (the symbols, like my tattoo), ♥ I am loved, and #Blessed. One thing to mention is that, as I read through my notes, I went from starting the year saying She will be loved, to I will be loved, to I am loved, and finally on to I AM LOVE. See that progression?! That, my beautiful people, is learning to love yourself.
Love yourself first, the rest will follow. ♥